The latest Radio Audience Measurement Survey (RAMS) by SAARF show that the time spent listening to radio per week has dropped by 42min year on year. The TSL per day also dropped by just 6min year on year.
- In total, there has been a slight increase (+1 minute per day) compared to the October release
- Listeners continue to listen to an average of 2.0 stations a week
Station Trends – Gained Listeners
Station Trends – Lost Listeners
- Metro FM and Ukhozi FM are Gauteng’s most favourable stations
- About 54% of time spent listening for Gautengers is spent listening to Metro, Lesedi,Ukhozi, Kaya,Highveld 94.7 and Other Community stations.
- 82% of time spent listening by listeners in KZN is spent listening to three station only, Ukhozi (60%), ECR (11%) and Gagasi FM (10%).
- Vuma FM has grown its listenership by 162% year on year
- 55% of time spent listening by listeners in Western Cape is spent listening to three station only, Umhlobo Wenene (22%), RSG (13.5%), Heart FM (9.2%) and KFM (10.7%).