Google+
Subscribe to: Newsletter      Comments      News

MTN takes first step towards music rights compliance

Posted by radio On February - 10 - 2016

MTN has today settled 92% of the CAPASSO invoice relating to music sales in 2014. The remaining 8% relates to the alleged disputed songs.

mtn logo

CAPASSO welcomes this development, and is also encouraged by the delivery of 2015 usage reports which were also received from MTN. However, these still don’t indicate all sales made on the MTN platform,.

“We are encouraged and hope this signifies the beginning of better engagement with MTN. We however still require MTN to take responsibility for all of outstanding copyright liability and to comply with the Copyright Act of South Africa. This means they must enter into a licence agreement with CAPASSO before they continue to sell CAPASSO-member music” stated Nothando Migogo.

She added that royalties received today would be distributed to the rightsholders next month.

Did you like this? Share it:

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Liberty Radio Awards winners announced

The top performers of the South African Radio industry were acknowledged at the Liberty Radio Awards gala banquet in Sandton […]

Industry greats #TakeCharge at this year’s sold-out East Coast Radio GIBS Business Breakfast

The power packed line-up saw four of South Africa’s business leaders as keynote speakers who shared their knowledgeable experiences in […]

Liberty Radio Awards My Station Finalists Announced

Listeners voting for their favourite stations in the 2019 Liberty Radio Awards My Station category closed at midnight on Tuesday […]

Phat Joe takes over Radio 2000 Breakfast Show

Radio 2000 has announced a few changes to its line-up, in order to remain competitive and relevant to audiences across […]


TAG CLOUD

POPULAR