BRCSA recently published the latest SA radio listening trends, see below highlights:
- 93% weekly reach = 35,4 million listeners listening anytime in the week
- 76% daily reach (Mon-Fri) = 28,9 million listeners on an average weekday
- 93% weekly reach = 35,5 million listeners listening anytime in the week
- 76% daily reach (Mon-Fri) = 29,2 million listeners on an average weekday
- Free State listeners spend on average 5hours listening to radio
- Ndebele speakers spend 4h36 on average listening to radio
- 52% listen to radio for more than 20hours
- 64% listen to only one station
- Phalaphala FM has the highest % of exclusice listeners at 65% followed by OFM at 61%.
- Capricorn FM has the highest cellphone listenership penetration at 62%, followed by Yfm at 59%.
Provincial Share of Audience
- Mpumalanga is still dominated by Ligwalagwala FM & Ikwekwezi FM
- Umhlobo Wenene has 52% market share in the Eastern Cape
- Lesedi FM is dominating Free State by 61% share of audience
- Metro FM, Ukhozi and Lesedi FM have 37% share of GP combined
- KZN is dominated by Ukhozi, Gagasi and ECR, together they have 76% share
- Thobela, Phalaphala and Munghana Lonene dominate Limpopo airwaves.
- NW airwaves biggest share is with Motsweding and Lesedi FM
- Western Cape is dominated by Umhlobo Wenene, Heart FM, KFM and RSG.
Fore a detailed report visit http://www.brcsa.org.za/brc-ram-radio-listening-jan-dec-2016/